How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook
One of the main appeals of social media is the ability to share your opinions and thoughts with friends or the general public. Meta Facebook, one of the world’s most popular social media sites, makes sharing simple.
If you’ve ever wondered how to make a post shareable on Facebook, or are having trouble doing so, read on. We’ll show you everything that you need to know.
How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook Using a Browser
If you’re posting something on your Facebook wall and want others to share it, you must ensure the actual post is shareable first. For your friends to share your post, you must make it public. To do so, follow these steps:
- On your Facebook Home page, select the “What’s on your mind?” space.
- Click on the “privacy dropdown menu” under your Facebook profile name.
- Choose “Public” so the post can be shared by anyone on or off the Facebook site.
- Once done, click “Post” to show the message on your wall.
Now, others can share the post. You can make it private again by clicking on one of the other options in the menu. If you choose to make the post private again, it will also get set to private for anyone who shares it. All that will remain is a post stating that the original poster removed the post.
Make a Facebook Post Shareable After Posting it in a Browser
If you’ve already submitted a post but haven’t changed the security settings yet, don’t fret. You can still edit the privacy of older posts. To do this, follow these steps:
- In your “post history,” find the one that you wish to share with others.
- Click on the “Privacy” icon (globe icon) beneath your profile name, right beside the date of the post.
- A menu of the security settings should appear. Choose “Public” to make the post shareable.
- Once you’ve clicked on your choice, the change automatically applies to the post. People who have permission can now share it.
How to Make a Post Shareable on the Facebook App
The Facebook app shares many similarities with its web version and has the same security settings. To edit the privacy of your post on the mobile app, do the following:
- Tap the “What’s on your mind?” box on your Facebook home screen.
- Below your profile name, tap on the “Privacy” link with the globe icon to change the audience settings.
- Choose “Public.”
- Once done, continue with your message.
- Tap “Post” in the upper right corner to display the message on your wall.
If you choose to make the post private again in the future, tap the “three-dot icon” and select “Edit Privacy.” Then, select “Friends” or one of the other non-public options. The post then gets removed for everyone who shares the content.
How to Make a Post Shareable for a Facebook Group
If you’re in a Facebook group that’s open to the public, anything you post in that group is sharable by members as long as you set the security settings as “Public.”
How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook for a Private Group
If you’re in a private Facebook group, any posts you make within the group won’t be shareable outside of it. If you wish to create one that others can share, do the following:
- Create the post on your newsfeed/timeline and ensure it is sharable to the public.
- Click the “Share button” on the lower right corner of your post to open the dropdown menu.
- Choose “Share to a group,” then select your private group.
- The post should now be sharable within the private group. Anyone else who wants to share it outside can go to the original post and share it from there.
How to Make a Facebook Post on a Page Shareable
If you wish to share posts on a particular Facebook Page, here’s what you need to do:
- From your Facebook home page, click on “Pages” at the top of the left menu.
- Choose the “Facebook Page” from the list with the post you wish to share.
- Scroll down the page until you find the particular post. Click on “Share” in the lower right corner. All posts on a Facebook Page are set to “Public” by default and can’t be changed. Anyone who has access to the Facebook Page can share a post.
How to Share a Facebook Post Outside of Facebook
If you wish to share Facebook posts outside of Facebook, do the following:
- Click on the “displayed date/time” of the Facebook post you want to share.
- Copy the “URL” as indicated in the address box.
- Share the link outside Facebook.
Knowing how to make a post shareable on Facebook allows you to voice your opinions to the people you want to reach. Just be careful about what you share, as once something is on the internet, it stays there.
Sharing Facebook Posts FAQs
Why can’t people share my posts on Facebook?
You probably have security settings that don’t allow public sharing.
How do I change my sharing settings on Facebook?
Depending on whether you’re using the web or mobile versions, refer to the instructions for each platform. You can change your settings anytime, even after posting.
How do I get people to share my Facebook post?
People tend to naturally share posts that they think are funny, witty, or thoughtful. Try to make your posts attractive so that people want to share them.
How can you make an existing post sharable on Facebook?
You change the security settings to “Public.”
How do I share a post on Facebook if there’s no share option?
You can’t. If a post has no share button, it has limited shareability, and you can’t work around it.