How To Connect Multiple Bluetooth Speakers to a TV, PC, or Mobile Device
If you’re looking to get the party started or create a more immersive audio experience, one speaker won’t cut it. Most newer technologies have Bluetooth 5.0 capabilities to pair multiple devices, but not everyone has Bluetooth 5.0 enabled accessories.
Whether you have this handy feature or missing it, follow along to find out how you can connect multiple Bluetooth speakers to different devices.
Connect Multiple Bluetooth Speakers to TV
There are many different smart TV brands and models on the market. Not all of them can play dual audio, so it’s best to check the user manual or contact support to find out if your TV can. If your smart TV does support dual audio, the activation is pretty straightforward:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap the Bluetooth settings.
- Select Advanced Bluetooth Options.
- Choose Dual Audio.
If your TV doesn’t support dual audio, there is still a way to connect multiple speakers, but you’ll need a third-party app.
AmpMe is the way to go if you want to be able to use any speakers. This app isn’t exclusive to a single brand or model of speakers, so it’s quite versatile to use. At its core, this is a music syncing app that allows you to connect with other devices, including Bluetooth speakers.
If you’d like to go bigger, the Ultimate Ears’ BLAST & MEGABLAST app may be the option you need. It allows you to connect a larger number of speakers and offers a more immersive sound. The only downside is that you can only use speakers from Ultimate Ears’ range.
Our final suggestion, Bose Connect, allows you to connect two devices and features two modes. Party Mode allows you to sync the sound coming from both speakers. For a more immersive experience, Stereo Mode separates the audio into right and left channels.
Connect Multiple Bluetooth Speakers to iPhone
If you’re using the latest version of iOS, you shouldn’t have any trouble connecting multiple Bluetooth speakers. It’s best if the two speakers have similar specifications. If one speaker happens to be older than the others, it might not be able to communicate with them properly.
After connecting each Bluetooth speaker to your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Play audio or video through one of the speakers.
- Go to Control Centre.
- Tap on the Airplay icon and select the linked speaker.
- Select the Music icon to see devices playing music at the moment.
- Click on the Share Song button.
If you’re using an older version of iOS, don’t sweat. You can still pair multiple Bluetooth speakers with third-party apps.
The AmpMe app enables you to connect any speakers of your choosing, and you can pair as many devices as you’d like. You can play music from various platforms like YouTube and Spotify or import it directly from your media library.
Another option to consider is the Bose Connect app. It allows you to connect two devices and also features two modes. Party Mode allows you to sync the sound coming from both speakers. For audiophiles, Stereo Mode separates the audio into right and left channels.
If, however, two speakers don’t quite satisfy your needs, Ultimate Ears has got you covered. They designed an app that allows you to connect multiple speakers, but they must be from the Ultimate Ears product line. Download the BOOM & MEGABOOM app, connect all your speakers and enjoy!
Connect Multiple Bluetooth Speakers Android
If your Android happens to be Samsung Galaxy S8 or later, you can use the company’s built-in Dual Audio feature to connect two speakers to your phone:
- Go to Bluetooth settings and pair the speakers one by one.
- Tap Advanced or the three-dot menu in the upper right corner.
- Turn on the Dual Audio toggle switch.
If, however, you have another model, then third-party apps are the way to go.
The AmpMe app is your best option to connect multiple speakers from any model or brand. You can use this app to play music from various platforms like YouTube and Spotify or import it from your media library.
The Bose Connect app only works with Bose speakers, and it allows pairing two speakers max. However, it’s an appealing option as it features two modes of operation. Party Mode plays sound from both speakers together, while Stereo Mode separates the sound into left and right speakers.
Ultimate Ears is a company that creates portable speakers that can sync up through their BOOM & MEGABOOM app. The downside is that you can only use their speakers. But on the plus side, you can connect as many as you’d like and create quite an impressive audio experience.
Connect Multiple Bluetooth Speakers to Windows
To connect multiple speakers to your Windows 10 system, you’ll first need to make sure they can pair with each other. This usually means using the same speaker models, but it may also be possible for different models of the same brand.
Firstly, you need to pair each of the speakers to your PC following these steps:
- Click on the Start Menu and go to Settings.
- Select Devices.
- Click Bluetooth & other devices.
- Slide the Bluetooth switch to On.
- Click the Add Bluetooth or other devices button and select Bluetooth.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finalize the pairing process.
After pairing each speaker, make sure you can play audio using all of them:
- Right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar.
- Select Recording.
- Under the Recording tab, right-click on Stereo Mix.
- Click Enable.
- Select Stereo Mix and click Set as Default Device.
- Go to Stereo Mix again and click Properties.
- Under the Listen tab, check the Listen to this device box.
- Select your second speaker from the Playback through this device drop-down menu and click OK.
- Click OK again to close the audio settings.
Connect Multiple Bluetooth Speakers to Mac
Mac allows you to connect any Bluetooth speakers, regardless of their manufacturer. Before connecting multiple speakers, you must first pair all the Bluetooth speakers to your Mac:
- Click the Apple icon in the upper-left corner of your Mac screen.
- Go to System Preferences.
- Click the Bluetooth icon.
- Click the box to Turn Bluetooth On.
- Tap the plus button at the bottom-left to set up a new device.
- Select your speaker from the list and tap the Continue button.
The next step is to connect them all at once:
- Launch the Finder app.
- Click on the Go menu and scroll down to Utilities.
- Double-click Audio MIDI Setup.
- Tap the plus button at the bottom-left of the Audio Devices window.
- Navigate to Create Multi-Output Device.
- Select the checkboxes next to all the speakers you want to play simultaneously.
Once you’ve connected the speakers, the final step is to set that Multi-Output device as your output source:
- Click the Apple icon.
- Select System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences window, navigate to Sound.
- Go to the Output tab.
- Select Multi-Output device.
Connect Multiple Bluetooth Speakers to Firestick
Your Firestick can be connected to multiple Bluetooth devices, including speakers. However, you can’t stream audio to them simultaneously. If that’s not an issue, here’s how to connect them:
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Choose Other Bluetooth Devices under Controllers and Bluetooth Devices.
- Click on Add Bluetooth Devices.
- Select the desired device.
Sounds Like the End
Before Bluetooth 5.0, pairing with multiple devices was out of the question. Nowadays, even if your device currently doesn’t support it, it’s only a matter of time before it does. Until then, you can always use third-party apps to enjoy a riveting audio experience.
Have you ever connected multiple Bluetooth speakers? Which device did you use? Tell us in the comment section down below.